Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Not only is this recipe simple to make, but all the ingredients cook together to bring a rich savory flavor to the whole dish.
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided (3/4 teaspoon and 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided (1/2 teaspoon each)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided (1/2 teaspoon and 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425° degrees. Combine potatoes, onion, olive oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Mix until coated. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray and spread out mixture on the pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine paprika and remaining seasonings and sprinkle in chicken thighs. Place chicken thighs over vegetables. Roast dish until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. Add spinach to top of vegetables. Roast for 8 to 10 more minutes, or until spinach is wilted. Mix vegetables until combined. Serve vegetable mixture with chicken.