Bruschetta Grilled Chicken
Typically a classic appetizer, this Italian dish adds delicious, yet simple, ingredients to make a healthy grilled chicken entree.
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon, divided
- black pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped basil
- 4 slices mozzarella
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Combine olive oil, half of the lemon juice, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Seal in a large Ziplock bag with chicken and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high and add chicken. (Alternatively, use a cast iron skillet on the stovetop.) Toss leftover marinade. Grill chicken until cooked and charred, about 5-7 minutes each side.
- While chicken in cooking, mix together tomatoes, garlic, basil, and remaining lemon juice, season with salt and pepper. While chicken in on the grill, add 1 slice of mozzarella to tops of each chicken breast until melted, about 2-3 minutes. Add tomato mixture next.
- Top each chicken breast with Parmesan and serve.