Red Snapper is low-calorie, lean and has great nutrients. This fish is also a lean source of protein. This warm water fish offers about 20 percent more protein per 3 oz. serving than other variations of seafood. Make sure you thoroughly rinse and fully cook the meat when preparing this dish.Serves 2
- 2 - Red Snapper Filets (6 - 8 oz.)
- 1/2 Bulb Fennel, Sliced Thin
- 1 Medium/Large Tomato, Sliced
- 1/2 Medium Vidalia Onion, Sliced Thin
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme or 1/4 Teaspoon Whole Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Lemon, Sliced
- Preheat over 350 degree.
- In a 9 x 13 baking pan scatter half of the sliced onion and fennel.
- Top vegetables with the snapper filets.
- Scatter the remaining onion and fennel on top of the fish. Top with sliced tomato.
- Season with Thyme, Parsley, Salt and Pepper to Taste.
- Drizzle Olive Oil over everything.
- Bake 350 Degree 15 to 20 minutes, then broil 3 minutes.
- Serve with vegetable, crusty bread and lemon slices.
Recipe is courtesy of Lisa Rochon Event Planning and Catering Service.
Lisa Rochon can be reached at [email protected], 404-641-5118.
Recipe copyright 2015.